24 HOUR EMERGENCY
LOCAL TO YOU
Forth Locksmith Edinburgh
We are a local, independent, family-run locksmith in Edinburgh – we are NOT a national call centre.
We have NO CALL OUT CHARGES and are very competitively priced.
- 24/7 Emergency Service
- Lock Replacement
- Lock Installation
- No Call Out Charges
- UPVC Door Lock Repair
- Post Break-In Lock Service
- Security Upgrade
- Window and Patio Door Locks
- Residential and Commercial
- Insurance Approved Locks
We understand the stress and problems that arise when faced with faulty locking mechanisms, whether it be at your home or business, which is why we offer a complete range of locksmith services to cater for your every need. If you’re in need of an emergency locksmith in Edinburgh or require one of our other services, get in touch with our locksmith Edinburgh team today who will be more than happy to assist.
AFFORDABLE – LOCAL – TRUSTED SERVICE
As independent, Edinburgh locksmiths, Forth Locks are a company you can rely on to provide affordable locksmith services at competitive rates throughout East and West Lothian.
Our team of local locksmiths are experienced and skilled to provide only the highest quality of service. We are insurance-approved which means you can trust us to deliver professional locksmith services, whether it’s removing or fitting locks in doors or mobile key cutting. Our team specialise in providing and fitting garage and window door locks and UPVC Door locks, as well as fire exit panic locks, amongst others.
Forth Locksmiths Edinburgh can be contacted online , via our Freephone number at 0800 093 3123 or on our mobile number 07506 688 904 – we guarantee a quick response in the case of an emergency. We always provide a first-rate service, whether it’s for your home or commercial business.
EDINBURGH: 0131 333 0544
DUNFERMLINE: 01383 223 318
KIRKCALDY: 01592 664 592
WEST LOTHIAN: 01506 237 193
FALKIRK: 01324 288 062
Our experienced locksmith in Edinburgh is fully equipped to provide a 24 hour, dedicated locksmiths service
As a premier Locksmith Edinburgh, you can trust in us to deliver a variety of locksmith services, performed to the highest of standards. We always provide a professional service to our clients thanks to our fully trained and experienced locksmiths. No matter the time of day or day of the week, you can depend upon Forth Locks with our 24 hour, emergency locksmith services that covers the whole of East of Scotland, from Stirling, Falkirk, Edinburgh, Dunfermline, Kirkcaldy to Musselburgh.
If you need a professional locksmith in Edinburgh, look no further than Forth Locks. Where ever you are; Corstorphine, Leith, Morningside, Gorgie, Portobello or South Queensferry, we are here for you.
Whether you’re looking for an emergency locksmith, domestic locksmith or other commercial locksmith services, you can rely on Forth Locks to deliver a 5-star service every time.
We are dedicated to providing the finest quality of work for our clients and are proud of the duty of care that we offer all of our clients, no matter how big or small. The security of your domestic or commercial building is our Edinburgh locksmiths’ priority.
What Services Do Forth Locks in Edinburgh Provide?
The Team here at Forth Locks provide a comprehensive range of Locksmith Services in Edinburgh. No matter whether you’re looking for lock repair or lock replacement, our fully qualified locksmiths can help. We also offer a complete 24/7 call out facility meaning we’re always at hand when an emergency occurs. Our complete range of locksmith services consist of:
- Repair or Replacement of UPVC Window and Door Locks
- Residential and commercial work
- Window and Door Security Solutions
- Euro Cylinder Lock Repairs
- Anti Snap lock Installation
- Property Security Surveys and recommendations
- Window Mechanism Alignment
- 24/7 Call Out Service
How Do I Find a Reliable Locksmith in Edinburgh?
There are several ways of sourcing a reliable locksmith in Edinburgh. We appreciate in an emergency many people will just phone the first company they see on google or their preferred search engine. However, no matter how desperate you are, our advice would be to do some research before making the call. There are a few things you can do to ensure you get the locksmith best equipped to resolve your problem quickly and at the best price, these are:
- Word of Mouth – If possible, speak to friends or relatives to find out which local locksmith in Edinburgh they used and whether they would recommend them to a friend.
- Internet Reviews – If you can’t get personal recommendations, check reviews online to ensure the company you are choosing has a good reputation.
- Ask About Hidden Prices – Some locksmiths may have hidden charges in their prices. When choosing a locksmith, it is a good idea to check if they have any additional fees, for example, call out charges (which we do not at Forth Locks). This way, you can get an accurate estimate.
If you follow these simple guidelines you will be able to ensure you get the quality of service at the price you want.
How Much Does a Locksmith in Edinburgh Cost?
There is no standardised pricing for locksmith services. As with most things, the cost will usually depend on the time taken, complexity of the job and the quality of the parts used. It is important when you employ the services of a locksmith, you get them to give you an accurate estimate for the cost of any work before they start and also whether they charge a call out fee.
Here at Forth Locks there is no call out charge for our services irrespective of the time of day or night. Once we have inspected the job you will be provided with an accurate quote for the work and that price will not change.
Are Locksmiths in Edinburgh Available 24/7?
The simple answer to this is yes most emergency locksmiths in Edinburgh offer a 24 hour, 7 day a week call out service. That way they can respond to all manner of emergencies such as lock outs and burglaries and resolve the issue quickly and with a minimum of fuss. At Forth Locks, we offer a comprehensive 24/7 call out facility to both commercial and domestic clients. There is no charge for this service. All you will ever pay for is the work we do.
What Should I Do If I’m Locked Out of My House?
If you find yourself locked out of your house in Edinburgh, our advice would be to call a professional locksmith as soon as possible. A professional locksmith will be able to get you back into your home with minimal damage and fuss, thus removing a lot of the stress that can be associated with being locked out of your home.
At Forth Locks, we always aim to use NDE ( Non destructive entry) techniques to get you back into your home without causing any damage to your doors. While some people may try to avoid the cost of a locksmith by gaining entry themselves, it often ultimately leads to more expense in repairing the damage.
How Long Does it Take for an Emergency Locksmith in Edinburgh?
This will usually depend on the locksmith you choose. Forth Locks professional, fully qualified locksmiths aim to be with you within 30 minutes of your initial phone call. We appreciate how stressful any locksmith emergency can be so we make every effort to respond quickly and resolve your problem in the minimum amount of time.
Can Locksmiths Replace or Repair Different Types of Locks?
Yes, most reputable locksmiths will be able to repair or replace all conceivable types of window or door locks. Our team will always use top quality replacement locks that conform to British Standard. So, no matter whether you need us to repair or replace upvc door and window locks, anti snap locks or euro cylinder locks, we can help.
What Security Measures Can Forth Locksmiths Recommend?
Forth Locks pride ourselves in being experts when it comes to home security. Prior to making any recommendations, our team will fully survey your home to get an understanding of the level of security currently in place. Once this has been completed we will be in a position to advise you on the best way to secure your home or business. While there are some obvious methods of home security such as security alarms and CCTV, there are others you may not automatically think of. Some of the other measures that we recommend for homes and businesses include:
- Fitting High Quality Locks – Good quality locks not only protect your home against intruders but are also more resistant to damage so will last much longer.
- Install High Quality Doors and Windows – Choose quality doors and windows with reinforced frames as they will give your home a higher level of protection.
- Keep Your Keys Safe – Never leave your keys near the door or on window ledges in clear sight. Experienced burglars have been known to get keys through letterboxes while key cloning is becoming more commonplace.
- Consider Replacing Locks When Keys Get Lost – If you lose your keys you can never be sure if they have fallen into the hands of an unscrupulous individual. The only way you can be certain you have all the keys to your property is by installing new locks.
- Ensure your Property is well lit – Good lighting at the front and rear of your home or business will deter intruders. Remember, burglars like to operate under the cover of darkness and as such a well lit area is likely to send them in search of easier pickings.
"We ended up with the most secure locks in the area thanks to these guys"
Paul JamesonMedical Group
"The job was done perfectly. We would recommend your services to anyone!"
Amy SchultzHome Design
"Liked the way you guys treat your customers, the prices are pretty great too!"
Jane Wright Management
"Thanks for the quick and professional service!"
John Doe Hotels Group